Ocean State Transit’s extensive training program instructs new hires, as well as existing employees about key safety procedures and passenger care.
The programs to the right highlight a number of topics that we cover during the school year. Each and every driver must participate in a minimum of ten hours of instruction for proper company certification.
A member of management or a driver trainer evaluates each driver’s skill level once a year to ensure that he or she has a thorough understanding of our policies and safety procedures.
• The Smith System
• Danger Zones — Loading and Unloading
• EpiPen Awareness — Anaphylaxis Aid
• Railroad Crossing Procedures
• Student Management
• Emergency Evacuations
• Following Distance — Resolving The Debate
• Pre-Trip Inspection & Evaluation