Ocean State Transit is committed to protecting and preserving the health and safety of our passengers, employees and citizens of the communities in which we operate. Each and every employee will act in the highest standard to comply with all environmental laws and regulations applicable to our business activities through the adherence to the following policies:
• We will involve employees, customers, suppliers and subcontractors in the implementation of our objectives of adopting best practice in all of our operations.
• All employees will receive training to enable them to manage their specific areas of environmental control.
• We will conduct our operations to prevent pollution to land, air and water by instituting recycling initiatives to re-use and recover resources as an alternative to disposal.
• We will promote building and vehicle energy efficiency including the consideration of alternative fuels.
• We will conduct environmental audits of our operations to identify and promptly manage any environmental risks or hazards.
• We will establish targets to measure the continuous improvement in our environmental performance